16 Main St History
The 2-story building was originally constructed in 1890. The first floor has always been utilized as retail.The second floor could be used as apartments with a separate entrance.
The first floor was originally occupied by the N. Samuels Dry Goods Store. The Jacobson brothers purchased the building in 1920 and remodeled the structure. In 1925, Etta Hobbs opened another dry goods store in the location. During the late 1930s the U.S. Postal Service expanded into the store.